Monday, January 2, 2012

Finding one's way

In the words of Captain Barbossa, "You best start believin in ghost stories Miss Turner, you're in one." Oh wait, wrong quote, it was this one, "For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." That's my motto in creating this blog. I'm hoping, if anybody ever even reads this, that it will reach the right crowd of people, those looking for "lost" little places themselves, not to bring too much traffic or attention to them, but to enjoy their rustic appeal and charm, because they are only well known to those that will truly enjoy them. One such place I found in my own back yard of Paso Robles, CA is Monteleone's Rock. A little whole in the wall bar with couches and games, beers i'd never heard of, and a jolly Hawaiian man as the owner. Unfortunately it has since been shut down, changed ownership, and re-opened under the name The Pour House. It still has some of it's charm, but it does seem to be gaining in popularity. It's kind of hard to find, but if you can find the Firestone Brewery just off the Highway 101, you are almost there! In my travels I hope to find many more interesting little places to write about, and I hope that other travellers who are interesting in the same thing might happen upon my blog and be able to embark on journeys to awesome little "hole-in-the-wall" places!

No comments:

Post a Comment