Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bon Temps Creole Cafe

So, I heard about this place on the radio, but I'm not sure the ad is doing it any good. It's a little restaurant overshadowed by a hotel that was equally as empty and quiet seeming. It might have been the time of year we are in, but anyways. The lights were too bright, the decor looked as if a hundred sorority girls had just flashed somebody on Mardi Gras, but all in all, that was exactly what it was supossed to be. The waitress was one of the most pleasant servers I have ever been blessed to have be served by. Charming, cheerful, anticipatory of my needs etc. I have never eaten Cajun food before, so this was a new experience for me. I don't really have anything to base the food off of, but the cornbread was good, I tried alligator for the first time, not bad, and the entree was good as well. It was definitely more spicy than I am used to, but not more so than I expected from Louisiana style cooking. The Filet medallions were perfectly tender and flavorful, and the fried shrimp on top was some of the best shrimp I have ever had, and I don't usually eat shellfish because of my religious beliefs, but I couldn't stop popping them into my mouth! I would definitely go back there again, maybe I will go check it out for Mardi Gras and see how packed the place is.

No comments:

Post a Comment